Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Welcome to My Bookshelf!!

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. Welcome to A Peek At My Bookshelf, a place for reviews and thoughts on current Christian fiction and non-fiction releases (and a few old ones, too!).

There are few things I enjoy more than browsing the shelves of a bookstore. You know, looking for some hidden treasure, a new discovery, or that gotta-have-it new release by a favorite author. I'm often hanging out at Christianbook.com or at Amazon.com, looking up new releases or coming soon releases.

Two things I've noticed: 1) There are an AWFUL lot of books out there! and 2) there are a few AWFUL books out there!

How in the world can you know what's good and what's not so good, what to buy and what to borrow from a friend? And how many gems have I missed that are really, really good reads?

So, to do my part, I've created a space for book reviews. These are my humble opinions, but believe me, I read a lot, and I read a lot of everything. My absolute favorite job I've ever held was at a Christian bookstore, helping people find good books to read.So, bookmark this blog, stop by often and see which pages I'm turning...I think you'll enjoy it. I know I will!

Be blessed, and be a blessing!

Deena

P.S. If you would like to submit a review, email it to me at thedeena63@hotmail.com I'll be sure to give you credit if I use it for this blog.

No comments: