Monday, September 13, 2010

Judgment Day by Wanda Dyson



My mom was a HUGE fan...I've never been able to watch the show. And it seems that, no matter who the guest host is, everyone on the show is cut from the same annoying cloth. So I thoroughly enjoyed Wanda Dyson's newest novel...for a variety of reasons!

"Judgment Day" kicks off fast...be sure to take a deep breath before cracking the cover, because Wanda doesn't let you up for air often! Suzanne Kidwell hosts a weekly cable news show, "Judgment Day with Suzanne Kidwell"...where she proclaims herself witness, jury and judge.

Doesn't matter if her facts are backed up...they're her facts. She claims to be fighting for what's right, ethical and moral...then a story goes belly up when the 'accused' can't take her pressure and commits suicide.

Then Suzanne's entire career is up for its own judgment day...the powers that be have had just about enough. Enough to pull the plug on the biggest story Suzanne has ever chased?

Maybe not her network bosses, but someone's out to pull the plug on Suzanne--literally. A body turns up in her apartment, linked to her investigation, and Suzanne has no defense.

Enter an old flame from college and his astute investigative partner, Marcus Crisp and Alexandria Fisher-Hawthorne (and yes, she comes from money!). They agree to take on Suzanne's case, but reluctantly. Her reputation has preceded her in multiple ways, and neither Alex nor Marcus wants to get burned.

Threats made against Suzanne's life make both the investigators and Suzanne sit up and take note...she's on to something legitimately shady, and someone wants to shut her up...at any cost.

What will it cost, and who will pay the price for Suzanne's lack of good judgment? Can Alex and Marcus get to the bottom of this fishy barrel before someone takes Suzanne--and them--out permanently?

A thrill-ride from beginning to end, "Judgment Day" delivers! I've always loved Wanda's ability to tell a suspenseful story, but she's topped them all with this book.

Well developed characters, crisp and short chapters, and a plot with more twists and turns than the wildest thrill ride, "Judgment Day" NEEDS to top your list of "must read" books!

That's why I'm giving "Judgment Day" five out of five bookmarks, with a fully loaded Glock as a charm...but don't worry. The safety's on! (Did you ever figure out I was talking about Nancy Grace?)

My thanks to my friends at Waterbrook/Multnomah for sending me this thrilling book...my bleary eyes salute you for great reading!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Charlene Amsden said...

I opened the cover of this book yesterday to give it a once over before placing it in the appropriate order on my reading pile (each book has an assigned review date). I put the book down at 2 a.m. this morning after having finished the last page. I seriously resented having to make dinner last night and I didn't do the dishes because this book was just too good to put down!

Now the book is back in my review pile because its assigned review date (FIRST Wild Card) is October 5th!