Monday, March 12, 2007

More About Me Book Meme!!

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
Mass market paperback. I love the size...easier on the eyes. Of course, there are times when a hardback is preferred!

Amazon or brick and mortar?
Barnes & Noble or Christianbook.com, actually. I rarely go to Amazon, and I've never heard of brick and mortar...

Bookmark or dogear?
Bookmark, definitely! I've been told I can read a book and leave it looking like it's never been read...

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
By read and not read!

Keep, throw away, or sell?
I keep most of my books, which means I have no room!

Keep dustjacket or toss it?
Keep it...books look bland without them anymore.

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
Without it...otherwise, it becomes a bookmark and gets tweaked.

Short story or novel?
Novel, and the longer, the better...

Short story collection (short stories by the same author) or anthology (short stories by a different author?
Depends on the author.

Christian Fiction only or Secular Fiction?
If it's clean and good, I'll read secular...have several favorite authors...but mainly Christian fiction.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
At chapter breaks, unless it's a long chapter with breaks within.

"It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
It was a dark and stormy night...gotta love a mystery!

Buy or Borrow?
Buy...I love my books, and I like to take my time.

New or used?
Either, as long as it's in top-notch shape.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
All three...I've found some great authors all three ways!

Standalone or series?
Series, but I usually have to have more than one in the series before I'll start.

Favorite series?
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Series

Favorite books read last year?
Hard to say...too many! But definitely the Yada Yada release of last year, and Terri Blackstock's Restoration series...top of the list? The Secret Life of Becky Miller, quickly followed by Hazardous Duty by Christy Barritt...and oodles more!

Favorite books of all time?
Christian Lit: Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick
Christian Growth: Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore
Chick Lit: The Yada Yada Prayer Group
For Fun: The Nash Vegas series by Rachel Hauck
Historical: Luke's Passage by Max Adams
The Literature of Place: Savannah Series by Denise Hildreth and anything by Charles Martin

On Your Shelf Right Now?

You don't wanna know...I have so many books to read, it's embarrassing!

Consider yourself tagged!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the survey! I posted it on my blog, too. On my bookshelf right now: Not a Sparrow Falls, Kissing Adrian, and Fireworks.

ohAmanda said...

Just added this to my blog, too!