Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Paper Hearts by Courtney Walsh


About the Book:

Abigail Pressman would never have guessed that love notes penned on paper hearts by an anonymous couple could restore her belief in love. As a business owner in a quaint town at the base of the Rockies, she’s poured everything into dreams of expansion . . . and resisting the matchmaking efforts of the Valentine Volunteers, who gather in her store to continue Loves Park’s tradition of stamping mail with the city’s romantic postmark.

When Abigail is unwillingly drafted into the Volunteers, she encounters the paper hearts, a distraction that couldn’t come at a worse time. A hard-to-read doctor has become Abigail’s new landlord, and he’s threatening to end her lease to expand his practice.

As she fights a growing attraction to this handsome man crushing her dreams, Abigail is inspired to string the hearts in her store, sparking a citywide infatuation with the artsy trend. But when a new batch of hearts reaches the Volunteers, it appears something tragic has happened to the couple.

Will uncovering their story confirm Abigail’s doubts about love, or could it rescue her dreams . . . and her heart?

 My Thoughts:

I fell in love with Courtney's storytelling with her Sweethaven series (if you haven't read them, oh are you missing out!)  So when I found her new novel was coming, I put it on every wish list I had, and bought my copy on release day!

Yay me!

"Paper Hearts" did not disappoint.  The story was emotionally powerful and the characters easy to love.  Well, with one exception.  I wanted to give Kelly a good old smack...in Jesus' name.  She got on my last nerve and then some.

Abigail and Jacob are so broken, which is sad but makes them so appealing to the reader.  They both are searching for something, and it's the tradition of the paper hearts that ultimately brings them together.

I felt for Abigail.  Being wounded by love is so painful, but to be doubly wounded is tragic.  Her heart is so closed off, but she has so much to offer.  She's invited...or coerced...into joining the most unique group: The Valentine Volunteers.  What a bunch!  And what strong personalities!

Plus, can you imagine growing up with a mother named "Teensy"?  Sure, it's a nickname that stuck, but ohmyword....

Jacob is a martyr extraordinaire, and with good reason as we find out later in the book.  His daughter Junie is a delightful character, and thank God for his sister Kate.  She comes with her own issues, but she plays a huge part in Abigail's life, as well as Jacob's.

I absolutely loved this book!  It's release is just in time for Valentine's Day (NOW!), and it's sure to warm your heart in this cold, cold winter!  I'm so glad I got my copy, and "Paper Hearts" is going on my keeper shelf!  Highly recommended.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: