It’s All About Relationships!
In this delightful and very personal book, the four oldest Duggar girls share their hearts and their core beliefs, explaining that it’s all about relationships!
• Relationship with self: The girls share their own personal journeys to self-acceptance and navigating the difficult stage of adolescence.
• Relationship with parents: You’ll find revelations about how Jim Bob and Michelle keep the lines of communication open with their children.
• Relationships with siblings: Here, you’ll get a peek into the Buddy system, how the siblings handle conflict, and how the loss of little Jubilee (their sister) affected their relationships with each other.
• Relationships with friends: You’ll find principles on how the Duggar kids deal with peer pressure and how they interact with friends outside their family.
• Relationships with boys: You’ll learn the Duggar view of dating and courtship, and these four sisters will address the often-asked question of when one of them will get married.
• Relationship with God: And woven throughout the book, the girls talk about their most important relationship of all—their relationship with God and their own personal faith and beliefs.
This candid look into what Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger believe and why they believe it will give you practical insights into your own life and will inspire you to evaluate principles that will work for you.
Whether you agree or disagree with the Duggar family's lifestyle, one thing you must admit: they live out what they talk about. The four oldest Duggar daughters were receiving so many letters from young girls and young women about the same things that they chose to put their personal responses together in book format.
"Growing Up Duggar" isn't as much a memoir as it is some sound advice from four older sisters. Each of the Duggar girls shares her opinion about topics such as "your relationship with yourself", because if you can't get along with you...well, you get the idea.
They also discuss relationships with parents, siblings, friends, boys, culture, citizenship and with the world at large. It's no surprise for fans of the television show, but all of the Duggars have huge hearts for world missions, and that is evident in the final chapter of the book.
The advice they give is three-fold strong: they've lived it, they've gleaned it from God's Word, and it's easy to apply these principles to your life at any age. So, will we be hearing from the Duggar sons? That remains to be seen.
I received my complimentary copy of "Growing Up Duggar" from Howard Publishing in exchange for an honest review. I highly recommend this book to moms and daughters, sisters and grandmothers, to all girls....get a group together and read it together!
Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!