Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Angel Falls by Connie Mann




About the Book:

When her best friend is killed in an explosion, leaving Regina da Silva with her friend’s young child, she doesn’t realize that the child was as much a target as her friend. Brooks Anderson has been sent to find the child and bring it to the US. When circumstances bring them together in Brazil, they find themselves being pursued by a killer as they protect an orphaned baby.

As the danger heightens around them, so does the attraction between Regina and Brooks, despite their differences. Regina and Brooks have both been broken by their violent pasts, but while Regina relies on her faith to deal with her past, Brooks has turned away from God.

Will their pasts stop them from realizing their true feelings for each other when their pursuer strives to keep them apart forever?

My Thoughts:

Did something totally not smart last night.  I'm in the habit of reading before I go to sleep, and was ready for a new book.  I had heard good things about Connie Mann's debut fiction, so I picked it up.  I'll read a couple of chapters and then nod off...

...next thing I knew, it was almost 1 AM and I had a couple of chapters left.  Wow!  Forget good...this book is AMAZING!  Action packed, intense romance, and broken people in need of healing and mercy.

That's what you'll find at "Angel Falls".  Regina broke my heart.  She was so damaged from her life on the streets of Brazil, that the slightest touch from Brooks had her over the edge.

And Brooks!  What a guy!  Former Army Ranger and trying to overcome a failure that cost the lives of his men, but unable to let go and reach out to anything but the bottle.  When he is asked to help rescue an infant and his caregiver, Brooks is stretched beyond his limits.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this book.  Normally debut novels are good, but they have just enough roughness that I usually have to push myself to pick it back up.  Not this time...I had to finish, and I had to finish it as quickly as possible.

Connie Mann has hit it out of the park with "Angel Falls", from character development to plot to setting to...well, everything!  This is a thrilling, page-filling read that will keep you hooked until the final chapter.  And don't blink...you may miss an important detail.

My thanks to my friends at Abingdon Press for my copy of "Angel Falls", gifted to me for an honest review.  Highly recommended, and I can hardly wait to see what Connie crafts for her next book...but I won't be picking it up at bedtime...won't be fooled again!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

3 comments:

Connie Mann said...

Deena--Thank you so much! Your review made my day!!
Thank you!

Connie Mann said...

Dear Deena--Thank you so much! I'm so delighted that you enjoyed Angel Falls!Your review made my day.

Connie Mann said...

Hi Deena--Can't thank you enough for this wonderful review!! I am so delighted that you loved Angel Falls!!
You made this writer's heart smile, big time!
Thank you so much,
Connie