Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lazarus Awakening by Joanna Weaver



I've loved Joanna Weaver since I read her first book, "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World". Her books are well crafted, enjoyable to read, able to change your life...and a boatload of fun to teach!

Her new release, "Lazarus Awakening", takes what little information we have about the brother of Mary and Martha and expounds upon it brilliantly. The basic premise of the book is the idea that Jesus loves us apart from what we do.

Sounds simple...but it is oh, so very deep! Joanna unpacks such short phrases such as "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep" and takes you to such delightful places in your own relationship with God.

Reading "Lazarus Awakening" stirred up a renewed desire to engage God's Word and to teach it to others. I've enjoyed the privilege of teaching from each of Joanna's previous books...

...and cannot wait to present the material in this one! Her chapter on "Tomb Dwelling" alone makes the journey worth taking.

For a guy who didn't say much of anything in Scripture, Lazarus has a lot to share with us through Joanna! I'm so excited to add this to my shelf of 'must keep' books, and so hoping God blesses Joanna with another series to write.

My thanks to my friends at Waterbrook, not only for sending me my copy, but for recognizing Joanna's gifted writing and bringing it to all of us.

I'm giving this book the Golden Bookmark for Writing Excellence and calling it "Best Christian Living Book for Women of 2011"!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: