Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Never Been Kissed by Melody Carlson



It never ceases to amaze me how relevant Melody Carlson's teen novels are, even though I've read nearly every book she's written. With her new release, Melody tackles a topic that's been in the news recently...a very serious topic.

Elise is about to turn 16, attend a new school and maybe find that special someone. After all, it's no fun to say you've "Never Been Kissed", right? But don't let the sweet and innocent title fool you!

This is about far more than first kisses and sweet romance...

It seems that life is finally going her way, although it isn't perfect. She's found new friends, and it would seem Asher is really into her. Then those pesky emails start appearing, making little to no sense.

Elise attempts to deal with all of the changes and the mystery of new romance on her own, but right when it seems she's on top, things shift and she comes crashing down...hard.

This very well could be the most important work of fiction your teen reads this year. Melody deals with a very damaging topic and she does it realistically and with sensitivity.

I know it shook me up, and I'm a mom! But as soon as I'd finished reading the book, I was asking my teens some serious questions about the subject matter. Fortunately, I liked what I heard and what I saw when they invited me in to their social circles.

So, I'm giving "Never Been Kissed" four out of five bookmarks with a cell phone as a charm. My thanks to Donna Hausler at Revell for giving me the opportunity to read this book.

You can find a copy of "Never Been Kissed" in bookstores everywhere, and on the web!


Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: