Friday, March 25, 2011

Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic



I want you to pause for a moment, and think of someone in your life...someone who is struggling in some area. It can be any area: emotional, physical, mental, spiritual. Now, I want to ask you to pray for that person, and then consider buying him or her a book for Christmas.

Buy this book. Seriously.

"Life Without Limits" is more than an autobiography or a memoir. This is a book of inspiration from someone who, logically, should have given up on life. Nick Vujicic (pronounced 'voy-a-chich) was born without limbs--no arms, no legs. Just a small 'chicken-foot', as he calls it.

Nick has more than overcome the obstacles that life presented him as a disabled person...he has thrived and become an internationally renown motivational speaker. But Nick doesn't just motivate and encourage...he shares a powerful message of faith everywhere he goes.

In "Life Without Limbs" you'll read Nick's emotional story and about his growing up years. You'll read about moments when he was so down he thought about just giving up in the ultimate way. And then you'll see how Nick gave himself the best pep talk and pressed on.

Independent, optimistic and energetic are three words that capture the spirit of Nick Vujicic. His love for God and for people is contagious. And he doesn't stop with his own story...

...nope. He shares story after story about others he's read about, encountered or heard of. People who've overcome obstacles, triumphed over tragedies and high-stepped over hurdles to be their best selves as they were created to be.

Like Bethany Hamilton, the young surfer who lost her arm to a shark attack but didn't lose her spirit...or her desire to conquer the waves. And the story of another young boy, born without limbs...a young life Nick was able to mentor because he himself stayed in the game of life.

Nick doesn't shy away from his faith in Christ, but he has a gentle way of presenting his relationship with Jesus and how it has impacted his own life. His witness is a true draw to want to examine faith and I'm so proud to call him my brother in Christ!

As expected, photographs are included, and Nick has some of the coolest...a photo of his surfing experience with Bethany (oh yeah, he caught a wave!), photos from childhood, and pictures of some of his world travels.

I think one of my favorite chapters was "The Ridiculous Rules" (a close second was "An Equal Opportunity Hugger"!). This is the fun side of Nick--the practical joker. His encounter with an overhead luggage unit on a flight was priceless! Nick's message isn't just about surviving...it's about thriving.

Life is a journey, and Nick Vujicic is enjoying every step. Isn't it about time we all did? Just listen to these chapter titles: 'If You Can't Get a Miracle, Become One', 'No Arms, No Legs, No Limits', and 'Don't Let Your Face Plant Grow Roots'...just to name a few.

I'd heard of Nick through YouTube videos, so when I saw his book at a local bookstore I immediately asked my husband for it. I'm SO glad I did! No matter what life has given you to work with, you can overcome it, thrive and be an inspiration to others.

You truly can live "Live Without Limits". So buy this book for someone in your life who needs to hear Nick's message...and don't forget to get yourself a copy! Thanks to my friends at Doubleday for my copy of "Life Without Limits", available at bookstores everywhere, as well as at Amazon.com and other online retailers.

I'm giving this book five out of five bookmarks with a happy face as a charm...can't get enough of Nick Vujicic's smile and his beautiful eyes. You know, I can see Jesus in Nick's eyes!
Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I loved Nick's book. So inspiring. My 13 year old son first learned of Nick and was the one who got me to buy the book. I love that Nick is someone my son can look up to.

2 Kids and Tired Books