Monday, October 25, 2010

Moses' Memory book by Allia Zobel Nolan, Illustrated by Linda Clearwater



Allia Zobel Nolan's Bible stories for children and some of the most delightful, clever and colorful books I've ever had the joy of reading! She's become my favorite children's author, and I'm hoping she has a boatload of stories yet to tell!

"Moses' Memory Book" is the third children's Bible story book Allia's written in this fashion, joining "Noah's Notebook" and "Daniel's Diary" on my 'must keep' shelf. Once again, the story is told from the point of view of the main character, this time Moses, and written in a conversational style.

Linda Clearwater's illustrations are the perfect complement to Allia's stories. Filled with color, character and humor, the pictures will delight all ages (I'm in LOVE with the covers--inside and out!).

Adults will recognize the details and the truth from Scripture; kids will get a kick out of the way the story is told. Not only that, but I think they'll find these Bible heroes easy to relate to through Allia's stories.

The chapters are very short, but come in handy if you want to stretch the storytime out over several nights. Allia also makes sure she includes some new vocabulary for the little readers, providing a nifty glossary at the end of the book.

Each book comes with an introductory letter from Allia, sharing her vision for the story you're about to read. A special page also opens the book, allowing for a personalization of your gift to someone special.

My hope is two-fold. First, that Allia keeps coming up with clever ways to re-tell much loved and familiar stories from the Bible. Second, that one day Harvest House will repackage these books into a beautiful keepsake edition...I can see it so clearly!

I guarantee you'll be thrilled with all of Allia's children's Bible storybooks...my sister, who's over 55, flipped when she saw my copies and I ended up getting her a set to keep! That's a pretty good endorsement!

I'm giving "Moses' Memory Book" five out of five bookmarks with a staff as a charm. My thanks to Allia and my friends at Harvest House for my copy. And, yes, my sister is getting one for Christmas to complete her set!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: