Monday, May 31, 2010

Missing Max by Karen Young



Karen Young earned a potential spot on my 'must read' list with her debut novel, "Blood Bayou". I was very interested in reading her new release...and with this one, she's sealed her spot on that list of great suspense authors!

In "Missing Max", Karen gives us a look inside a family torn apart by tragedy. Jane Madison attends the Mardi Gras festivities with her six-month old son, Max, and her teenaged step-daughter Melanie.

Running a quick errand to get some lunch, Jane leaves Max in the care of his older sister. But a frantic call leaves the family in tatters...Max has vanished. Melanie merely turned her back for a few seconds...

...a few seconds that can change an entire life.

The plot of the novel may remind some of another nove published some time ago, but the message of the story is far more powerful, and the novel itself is more well crafted.

Surprising twists and turns abound in "Missing Max", and you won't be able to guess the ending no matter how hard you try. Karen's window into a family held captive by fear and regret is powerful. You'll take turns despising and then wanting to pray for each character in the story.

I won't ruin the ending for you, but let me just say it is powerfully written. I'm giving "Missing Max" five out of five bookmarks, with a child's fingerprint card as a charm.

Be warned...mothers and grandmothers of young children may feel unsettled after reading this one, but let it remind us of God's forgiveness, grace and mercy. And that He is always at work on our behalf, whether we can see it or not.

My thanks to my friends at Howard Books for my copy! I can't wait to see what Karen creates next to keep me up all night!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark



Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: