Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Prophecy by Dawn Miller



Would you live your life differently if you knew there was an invisible world around you? If you knew there was more to life than you ever imagined?

These are the questions raised by Dawn Miller's debut novel in The Watchers Chronicles. Imagine if Stephen King sat down with Frank Peretti and the creator of Heroes and they collaborated on a novel.

Yeah, it's that good. And yeah, it will blow your mind. And maybe make you want to keep the lights on!

Five friends from middle school, bonded together through a common experience that none of them can remember. Now they've gone their separate ways, each making choices that affect a lifetime.

And that open doors to things they could never begin to imagine.

Strange happenings: dreams, nightmares, flashbacks....all serving one purpose. To reunite these young people in one location for one feat that only they can achieve.

Problem is, each holds a piece to the ultimate puzzle, with one holding the key.

Dawn Miller is a MASTER at building suspense, foreshadowing and giving you just enough breadcrumbs along the trail of pages to keep you guessing. She is a word crafter of the highest caliber, and I'm eager for more about Jonah, J, Jenna, Carly and Mikey.

I had a hard time remembering that these characters (with the exception of Mikey) were all supposed to be in their late teens. The novel is supposed to be geared toward a young audience, but I found it engaging and captivating.

Portions of the story reminded me of Stephen King's "It"; other parts reminded me of the first season of "Heroes"...and the spiritual overtones of one of Frank Peretti's earlier works left a fragrance that grew sweeter as the novel progressed.

Reading "The Prophecy" was a real treat. I haven't found any information about future volumes, but it would be a tragedy if Dawn didn't write more about these amazing and well-developed characters.

I'm giving this one five out of five bookmarks, with a paintbrush as a charm. Don't miss "The Prophecy", published by Zondervan. It may say teen fiction on the back, but adults will dig into the story and get lost in the mystery.

Thanks to my friends at Zondervan for surprising me with this terrific story!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

3 comments:

Julia M. Reffner said...

I've never heard of this author. I used to read Stephen King and like Frank Peretti, so the sound of this book really appeals to me.

Kim said...

Good to see this, Deena! Now I know I can look forward to this read...was a little apprehensive.

Great review as usual!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of The Prophecy, Deena. I have four more books planned for the series...will look forward to hearing what you think of them as well!

Warm Regards,
Dawn Miller