Sunday, April 18, 2010

In Harm's Way by Irene Hannon



Want to see me smile? Tell me Irene Hannon has a new book on the shelves, and I'll be grinning from ear to ear! I haven't loved a series this much since Dee Henderson created the O'Malleys. With her third in the "Heroes of Quantico" series, Irene has penned the best of the best.

Rachel Sutton was only stopping by the bread shop on her way to work. Picking up the doll in the parking lot was meant as a good deed, not something to put her "In Harm's Way".

Special Agent Nick Bradley has heard and seen it all, but when Rachel comes to him with her story of visions and impressions from holding the doll, he can't help but take her seriously. He's seen her reaction to the ragged child's toy for himself.

An abducted child. A reluctant witness. And a chase to uncover all of the clues before someone dies. Will it be Rachel? The missing child? Or someone else you'll grow to love in this stellar novel of suspense?

Irene Hannon grabs you from page one and doesn't let loose until you've turned the final page. Her characters put on flesh and blood and are so delightful you'll want them to stay longer...except for the criminals, of course!

The plot for "In Harm's Way" blew me away with its creativity and ingenuity. I've read a TON of mysteries and suspense novels, and I truly did not see the twist coming...but oh, how genius it was!!

I can honestly say with no exaggeration that Irene Hannon tops my must read list of suspense authors. I can hardly wait to see what she comes up with next. Hoping for more "Heroes of Quantico", but I will most definitely be anxiously awaiting her next novel.

I'm giving "In Harm's Way" the Golden Bookmark for Excellence in Writing and Creative Plotting, and voting it "Best Suspense of 2010", giving it a Raggedy Ann as a charm...complete with patch over the heart!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

16shamrock said...

Deena: Thank you for the wonderful review! And be sure to watch for my next book, Fatal Judgment, coming in January! Irene Hannon