Monday, March 1, 2010

Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze



When it comes to reading, hands down my favorite genre is mystery/suspense. My kids tease me that the higher the body count, the happier mom is! That's not entirely true, but I do love some good intrigue, and I'm always on the lookout for a new author to add to my shelves.

I've found a keeper in Vicki Hinze and her debut novel, "Forget Me Not". In what looks to be a promising new series, Vicki has created both unique characters and a different setting for her series.

Benjamin Brandt is the owner of Crossroads Crisis Center in Florida, and his life is filled with crisis. The loss of his beloved wife and son in a bizarre murder has him hunting for clues as to the identity of the culprit and the why behind the crime.

When a mysterious woman appears at the center, no memory of who she is or how she got there, it turns Ben's life over. She's claiming to be his dead wife, and the resemblance is uncanny! But how can that be?

Connections abound, and mayhem ensues as together Ben and the mystery woman seek to unravel the ties that connect them. Can they trust one another enough to get to the bottom of this mystery? And will the truth bring them together or drive them apart?

I had a bit of a rough start with this one, but I'm so glad I decided to stick with the story. After a few too many characters enter the telling, the path smooths out and things become clear and easier to follow.

And the story has a superb twist-filled ending, one that has me longing for more by Vicki. In all, she has made her way onto my 'must read' list, and I highly recommend her to suspense lovers everywhere!

I'm giving "Forget Me Not" four out of five bookmarks with a necklace as a charm, and sending my gratitude to my friends at Multnomah for my complimentary copy.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Carole's Book Corner said...

I enjoyed reading your review, it said just enough without spoiling the story, which sounds really good. I'll have to look out for it.