Saturday, February 20, 2010

Picking Dandelions by Sarah Cunningham



Memoirs are fun to read, aren't they? Learning how someone comes to faith in Christ, and then watching as they work out their relationship with God over the years can be both enjoyable reading and eye-opening as well.

I'd forgotten most of my early journey as a believer until I picked up Sarah Cunningham's book, "Picking Dandelions". Her innocent trust in a Savior who could keep her soul from hell, as well as give her a path to follow that made perfect sense to her elementary-school mind reminded me of my own innocent trust.

Part whimsical, part wit, and all honest searching for a life-changing faith that had its roots in her childhood, "Picking Dandelions" may seem tame to some. Sarah rarely strays from the path of following God, and no great trauma or adversity rocks her to her core.

But for those of us who seemingly were 'born in the church', it's a refreshing stroll down memory lane, and a reminder that if our faith isn't changing us, then it's doubtful we're changing anyone either.

Her tone is very conversational, and Sarah is blantantly honest about her struggles to find her impact in her world. The passages on September 11th and how it impacted her had me tearing up...and remembering what we've all seemingly forgotten so quickly.

I thoroughly enjoyed my journey "Picking Dandelions" with Sarah, and I think you'll enjoy it as well. That's why I'm giving this one four out of five bookmarks, with a happy face sticker as a charm...one that says, "Jesus Loves You!" on it...like the ones we earned in Sunday School...

...remember?

My thanks to my friends at Zondervan and at TitleTrakk.com for my complimentary copy!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: