Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Out With The In Crowd by Stephanie Morrill



If there's one thing I've learned in the three years of reviews I've written, it's this: reserve final judgment until you read the sequel! I must admit, I wasn't too impressed by the first book, but the second has me hooked and rooting for Skylar!

"Out With The In Crowd" continues Skylar Hoyt's reinvention from a good-time party girl to someone with faith and values. Unfortunately, she's learning that change isn't always easy, and some people don't handle change well at all.

Take, for instance, Skylar's ex--now dating her once best friend. Do they have her best interest at heart, or do they just want to see her crash and burn? Skylar's new boyfriend surely wants her to grow in her faith...so why is he playing with temptation--right in front of her face?

Toss in two messed up parents still trying to figure out life, a little sister about to become a mom with no idea what to do about the baby, and a budding trust in a God she doesn't understand, and you've got the makings of a serious teen lit novel!

For me, Stephanie's books are a great alternative to a certain popular ABC Family television series (which shall remain nameless, but hopefully you know what I mean!). She shows the consequences of poor choices without coming across as harsh or condemning, and the element of faith is far from heavy-handed or preachy.

In fact, she could turn up the faith volume and I'd love it even more! I have no idea if we've seen the last of Skylar Hoyt, but we most definitely will be seeing more of Stephanie Morrill!

I'm giving "Out With the In Crowd" four out of five bookmarks, with a homemade chocolate chip cookie as a charm. To know why...well, you'll just have to read the book!

"Out With the In Crowd" is available now from Revell publishing, and my thanks to Donna for my copy of the book!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: