Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Screen Play by Chris Coppernoll



Captivating. Engaging. Intriguing.

These are all words I'd use to describe the newest novel by one of my favorite authors, Chris Coppernoll. His story has renewed my love of reading, and sparked something in my heart that I've been praying for...

...hope.

"Screen Play" is special because it's written from the perspective of the female character, and yet written by a male author. Chris seamlessly dives into the persona of Harper Gray, plunging her into one of those nightmare days we all have.

Needing to be somewhere and it would appear that everything and the kitchen sink will keep us from arriving! The emotions I felt during the course of this story ran the full spectrum. I fell in love with Harper, from her name to her innocent and fresh faith to her desire to find one thing...

...love.

And to share love as well. A budding actress who is facing life alone, unemployed and without hope, and God reaches down and picks her up through...oh, can't give that away, now can I?

Let's just say that the events in Harper's life are so exquisite that you can see the hand of the Father all over them. And you just can't help but go along on the journey with her.

You'll feel what Harper feels, see what she sees, and want to live a life of faith like she does...although, not in the same setting! Oh, wouldn't THAT be something!! You'll have to read it to know what I'm talking about!

Chris is clever, witty, and charming in his writing. He even finds a way to get an acknowledgment to his lovely wife and author Christa Parrish (two of my favorite authors deeply in love, married to one another--how cool is that??)...rock on, Chris!

I am in love with this novel. Can't wait for you to read it for yourself. Enjoy the journey. Feel the faith. Learn to trust, even when things look their darkest. And hold it all loosely, realizing that it can all be taken away.

But, as long as we have God, it will be fine in the end. Just ask Harper Gray...

I'm giving "Screen Play" the Golden Bookmark for Inspirational Story and Character Development, and awarding it the Best Contemporary Novel of 2010...yup, you read that right.

Fortunately, it's available now! Thanks to Audra Jennings at B&B Media for my advance copy.

Bravo, Chris...a masterpiece, once again.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Martha A. said...

I just finished it! I have never read a book by him.....and it was a very good book!!! I am going to be looking for his other books!