Tuesday, November 3, 2009

If God Is In Control, Why Am I A Basket Case? by Debbie Taylor Williams



Something dawned on me recently, and while I'm not proud of it, I feel compelled to share, in case someone else out there is in the same boat I found myself in. While I read my Bible quite a bit, and read a lot of books about the Bible, I discovered I don't study it as much as I used to, or as much as I ought to.

Sad, isn't it?

So, rather than shrug my shoulders and mosey on my way, I chose to take action. And what compounds the sadness is the fact that I've been sent some marvelous Bible studies, like this one from New Hope Publishing--and it's been sitting on my shelf while I've been plowing away at book reviews.

No more!

"If God Is In Control, Why Am I A Basket Case?" is an excellent study in the Book of Colossians. Debbie Taylor Williams has a knack for creating fun and interactive Bible studies that even the newest believer can dive into and find some nuggets to gnaw on.

She opens with some historical facts about the book, then leads us to dive in headfirst. Each five day study begins with a fictional Mary, anticipating the letter from Paul the apostle.

Each day is short, but packed with truth that we can then apply to our lives through her 'basket case' or 'extraordinary life' exercise at the end of each daily assignment.

This is perfect for personal study, or in a group. Each lesson takes around 20 minutes to complete, and is easy to follow and the questions are easy to respond to. I'm in the first week, and I'm loving it.

I'm giving Debbie's study on Colossians five out of five bookmarks, with a highlighter and a pen as charms. My thanks to Debbie for sending me my own copy.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: