Thursday, October 22, 2009

When You Lose Someone You Love by Richard Exley



I believe that dealing with death is the hardest thing a person can go through in this lifetime. The second hardest is comforting someone who has lost a loved one. Richard Exley has written a book that not only offers gentle comfort, it offers sound Biblical counsel as well.

Each section is written in the form of a letter to a person named David. The style is personal and conversational. Richard Exley opens with a Scripture passage, then begins his letter to this fictional (or quite possibly real) person.

As you read the book, you end up remembering the stages of grief you've walked through in your own life. I found myself reliving the loss of my parents all over again, and wishing I'd had this little book at those times.

Mr. Exley closes with a heartfelt and honest prayer at the end of each letter, and I've never seen such truth before. For those who grieve, if you pray these or similar prayers after the loss of a loved one, oh, the healing you'll gain!

I personally found this to be a most excellent book to give to someone who is grieving. Personal stories abound in these pages, from all walks of life and all ages of loss. Surely there is something within this short book that will touch the heart of the one who is hurting.

I'm giving "When You Lose Someone You Love" five out of five bookmarks, with a box of tissues as a charm. This is one I plan on keeping close, to share with those who walk through the valley of the shadow of death. I think even reading it together would bring such great comfort.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: