Thursday, November 5, 2009

On Tour With Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh



I have GOT to stop reading Southern lit: I want to move so badly! Tamara Leigh's novel has just increased my desire to relocate, even if her new series is titled 'Southern Discomfort'!

"Leaving Carolina" tells the tale of Piper Pickwick...ahem...excuse me...Piper WICK and her cast of characters family tree. Every Scripture in her Bible that she's highlighted concerns shaking the dust from one's feet...

...something Piper has tried very hard to do since she left her family roots behind in Pickwick, Carolina. With the promise of engagement to a future senator, a job as a highly successful public relations consultant, and not a shred of Southern drawl left in her speech patterns, she feels rather successful.

Then comes the call that her Uncle Obadiah Pickwick is dying and thinking about changing his will. Something that will unearth all of the Pickwick family skeletons...including Piper's.

Drawn home to convince Uncle Obie to leave well enough alone, Piper meets his gardener/godson/namesake, Axel Smith. His penetrating, mesmerising blue eyes have Piper wondering if he's worked his magic on her uncle. Is Axel the reason for Uncle Obadiah's need for restitution?

With humor, charm and Southern wit, Tamara Leigh has crafted another keeper! I fell in love with Piper, felt her pain and understood her reluctance to be close to the family that wounded her so deeply.

I'm thrilled this is going to be a series, and am so eager for the next book to release I can barely stand myself! If you haven't picked up a Tamara Leigh novel as of yet, this is a great place to start.

I'm giving "Leaving Carolina" five out of five bookmarks, with a dust cloth as a charm. Now, if only I could find me a cleaning service like Trinity's!

Purchase a copy by clicking here.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

3 comments:

Shawntele said...

I don't think I have ever read any Southern lit, but your review has definitely made me want to give it a try!!

Nise' said...

Got this one coming to me shortly!

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Another one I'm looking forward to reading. LOL

Thanks for the great review!
~ Lori