Friday, September 25, 2009

The Toddler's Songbook by Ellen Banks Elwell



Know what I miss? Little kids in church, singing songs like the ones you'll find in this adorable new book...and it comes with a CD!

"The Toddler's Songbook" contains songs I remember from when I was little..."If You're Happy", "Oh, Be Careful", and "Who Did?"--many of you may not know these songs.

And that makes me sad. Not only because they are cute songs, and so adorable when sung by little ones, but because many of the songs we write off as children's music contain so much truth.

For instance...when did we stop being careful what our eyes saw, our mouth said, and our hands did...or where our feet went?

The book also contains some I don't know, but I plan on learning them with my grandson. That's why I'm so grateful for the CD! Included are some classics like "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Old MacDonald".

The artwork is eye-catching and colorful...bravo to illustrator Caron Turk! And with each song you'll find a little interactive poem or story to read to your child, your grandchild, or the children in your church.

This is a perfect addition for any family or church, and I love my copy! Published by Crossway, I'm giving "The Toddler's Songbook" the Golden Bookmark for quality in Children's Books, along with a portable CD player as a charm.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: