Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World by Dr. David Jeremiah



I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dr. Jeremiah's previous book, "What in the World is Going On", and his follow-up is just as well crafted and easy to read. Plus, it brings the focus back to God and what He's doing rather than what is going on around us.

Dr. Jeremiah writes about waiting on the Lord, something I have a very hard time doing. I find myself in a season of 'all I can do is wait' and it is not comfortable, but necessary.

He also discusses the things Jesus had to say about the world we live in...things said over 2,000 years ago that apply clearly to today. Through these words, we are encouraged to do several things:

Stay Calm, Stay Compassionate, Stay Constructive (this needs to echo through our government and our media!), Stay Challenged, Stay Connected (unfortunately, the church seems to be fragmenting--a good chapter for church leadership)...

...Stay Centered, Stay Confident, and Stay Consistent. We can't sway with popular opinion or political correctness. If ONE more person accuses me of being a racist because I disagree with White House politics...

...whoops! Forgot to stay calm and compassionate! See how needed this book is to the church of today? I highly recommend "Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World" to you.

As one who is banned from watching the news in my house:-), this is a timely book for me. Trust me, you can know how things are going to turn out, and yet get distracted by the world's events to the point of panic if you don't stay grounded in Christ and His Word.

Something else I love--Dr. Jeremiah doesn't sugar coat anything--he's a straight talker who knows his Bible and knows how to teach us to apply it to daily living. I'm giving this one five out of five bookmarks, with a lantern as a keychain...

..."Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path". Remember this.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: