Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tea With A Twist by Lisa Boalt Richardson



One thing our pastor constantly reminds us of in our church family is that, no matter who we are or where we are in our walk with God, we are all given gifts to use to build up the church. Even a newborn believer in Jesus has a gift to use.

And I long for many of the gifts to be mine (I love what God has gifted me in...but don't YOU ever get a bit of gift envy?)...one in particular is the gift of hospitality.

I've read books, talked with people, and watched those who are definitely gifted in this area do their thing...and yet, I'm not blessed with that gift. However, I do enjoy the books, especially this one!

"Tea With A Twist" is a book for those who are intrigued by tea, interested in tea, or really jazzed by tea...and hosting tea parties. The photography is done by Lauren Rubenstein, and she has done a masterful job.

The photographs perfectly complement the book and are so engaging! The cover design is exquisite...I feel so elegant and capable just look at the cover:-) What you find inside the pages, though, is what really makes this book special.

Another working title could have been "Tea Parties for Dummies"--that would include ME--but "Tea With A Twist" sounds so much better, doesn't it? Yet the basics are included in the opening pages, from a basic scone recipe, the basics of hot tea and cold tea, and some shortcuts that make all of this easier...

...most likely, for people like me!

Either way, this is a gorgeous gift, either for a friend or for yourself. Published by Harvest House, "Tea With A Twist" gets five out of five bookmarks from me, with one of those little silver balls that hold the loose tea leaves in it...I think they are cool! Oh, an a bonus wedge of lemon!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

6 comments:

sharon54220 said...

OMG!! I'm the 1st one.

Definitely coffee.

sharon54220@gmail.com

Sondra said...

I have become a huge fan of tea. I hadn't had much of a introduction to more than sweet iced tea (I'm from the south) until I got married and entered a family where tea reigns supreme.
Through them I have developed not only an appreciation of it but a deep love of tea and the comfort a steaming cup of flavored tea can bring or the joy of sharing an afternoon tea with friends.
I still like coffee in the morning but tea is by far a sweeter experience.

Jblanton said...

I prefer hot tea myself- especially in the evenings- I do drink coffee occasionally in the mornings but not in the evenings.

CarlybirdH said...

I am a total tea lover. I'm having a cup of chamomile as I type this. Red Rose is my favorite though. This book sounds so good!
carlyberd[at]yahoo[dot]com

Marjorie/cenya2 said...

Coffee, with cream and 2 sugars,
a treat to wake up to.
Book sounds great count me in.


cenya2 at hotmail dot com

Debbie F said...

Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! Don't know what I would do without it!!!
dcf_beth at verizon dot net