Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Caltonita


Before I get comments, yes, I know I most likely have spelled the author's last name incorrectly...but it looked like more of a 't' than a 'c' to me:-)


I don't do this often, because I don't read much general market fiction. What goes in my head tends to stay there, so I'm careful about what I allow in my imagination. But I'm SO GLAD I didn't miss this wonderful new teen lit series by Jen C.!

"Secrets Of My Hollywood Life" chronicles the adventures of It-List teen actress Kaitlin Burke, star of the fictional series "Family Affair". With tons of behind the scenes truths about stardom, it really puts a new spin on fame.

Kaitlin is sick of the paparazzi and the tabloid reports of her squabbles with her co-star, Sky Mackenzie...even though it's true the two do NOT get along. But with all of the pressure to keep quiet about the negative for the sake of her career, it's driving Kaitlin to do something drastic...

...attempt a normal life.

With shades of "Hannah Montana", only much more realistic and well-crafted, Kaitlin takes her hiatus from her hit show and goes 'under cover' as an average high school student, eager to experience everything from homework deadlines to school dances to the lunch room---

---which is a far cry from craft services on the set!

However, how can a major television star, especially one shooting for the movie role of her lifetime, balance her real life with her clandestine one? That's the drama, the humor, and the lesson of "Secrets of My Hollywood Life".

I loved Jen's style of writing, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of this series. I know my daughter is going to love it! If you enjoyed "Hollywood Nobody", you'll enjoy this series as well.

There is no faith element, which I wish there was...but there's also no language, sex. or any other 'ick' elements. I give this one five out of five bookmarks with a wig as a charm, and recommend it highly to star-struck teens who need a dose of reality.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

i am a HUGE fan of this series. you will glad to know that as far as the next 3 books are, they are just like this. fun, enjoyable, and clean.