Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where Do I Go? by Neta Jackson



I tend to get really attached to my favorite characters, and am so sad to see a series end. But when I heard Neta Jackson was creating a new series with some old 'friends', I perked up.

My, oh, my...can Neta Jackson WRITE!

"Where Do I Go?" continues the Yada Yada Prayer Group, but with the ladies from that series taking minor part. This chapter in their life as a ministry focuses on Manna House, a shelter for homeless women and children.

Gabrielle Shepherd Fairbanks used to be such a free spirit. In fact, that's what appealed to Philip when they first met. Now, it seems he's doing everything he can to squelch that spirit--or at least hold it hostage.

Their move to Chicago has Gabby in a quandary. Her spur of the moment escape from their penthouse leads her to run into Lucy, a homeless woman...literally. Gabby's desire to help Lucy find shelter and hope turns into far more than she first imagined.

Will Gabby find the answer to the question posed by the novel's title? Where DOES she go? What does she do when everything seems to be coming apart? And how will she help the ministry of Manna House--or will it help her?

Neta commented at the end of the book that writing it wrung her out...HELLO! I was gripping the book with white knuckles by the last few pages. Thank goodness the next novel releases soon...I've GOT TO HAVE IT!

I'm giving "Where Do I Go?" the Golden Bookmark for Ministry in Fictional Writing and Creative Excellence, and urging you to pick this one up. If you loved the Yadas, you're in for a treat and a half!

If you've never given the Yada novels a try...why not now? And oh, how I envy you your first taste of this precious author's writing! Thank you, Neta, for not holding back...and for bringing new life to my favorite group of women in fiction!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Deena - you HAVE to read the parallel novel that her husband wrote to go with this one!! Oh, you HAVE to!! It's just amazing!!

Don't you just LOVE their writing??