Saturday, July 4, 2009

Unsigned Hype by Booker T. Mattison



I have to be completely honest with you. This is just not MY kind of book. I had a difficult time getting through the first few chapters, and didn't even finish the story.

However, the book is well-written and captures the flavor of the target audience exquisitely. If you're into rap, hip-hop or urban culture, you'll most likely devour this one.

Booker T. Mattison is a gifted author...I just don't fit his target audience. But I know great writing when I see it, even if I don't enjoy it. My daughter is heavily into Christian rap and hip-hop, and she's excited she gets a new book to explore.

So, be watching for an interview between the two of us on Booker's novel...hopefully by the end of summer.

In the meantime, check out some other reviews by doing a Google search on the title to see what others are saying.

I'm giving "Unsigned Hype" three out of five bookmarks with a turn table as a charm...you may have to Google that as well if you're under 40 years old!

Again, I didn't care for the book, but it is very well crafted.

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

No comments: