Monday, April 6, 2009

She's In A Better Place by Angela Hunt



You wouldn't expect to find hope in a series about a funeral home. But the Fairlawn series is drenched in hope, and filled with unique characters that move into your heart and take up permanent residence.

In the third and final installment, Angela Hunt closes out her unique series with heart and healing...and leaves some things unresolved. A good author makes you think; a great author changes the way you think.

That's what Angela Hunt has done for my way of thinking about the business of burying our dead. Jennifer's transformation as the owner and operator of the Fairlawn Funeral Home took place along with mine. As she came to understand the need for compassion and respect in times of great need, so did I.

As Jennifer learned not to judge people by outward appearances, so did I. And as Jennifer learned not to lean on her own strength alone, but to lean on God and on those He places along our path, so did I.

Which made this novel so difficult for me to finish. I identified with Jennifer so much that it was hard to say goodbye. I loved Gerald so much that I felt his loss when his daughter was estranged from him. And I understood Kirsten so well that I could answer her questions before she even asked them.

The Fairlawn series isn't always about death--in fact, it's more about life than anything else. How well we live it, how much we love in it, and who we leave behind to share our legacy when we're gone.

I've loved my journey through this series of novels, and I'm sad to see it end. But all good things must do so, and I'm thrilled to give "She's In A Better Place" five out of five bookmarks, and voting it "Best Contemporary Series of 2009".

Don't miss out on the other novels in the amazing and unique series:

Doesn't She Look Natural

and

She Always Wore Red

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Angela said...

Deena--

You have no idea how much your review meant to me. Thank you so much for writing it, and for understanding the truths behind the Fairlawn series. Blessings to you and yours!

Angie Hunt

Rel said...

Getting to it very, very soon!