Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Prayer Wall by Deena Peterson

No, I didn't write a book!

But I made you look, didn't I?

Actually, our family has really been going through a lot of trials lately, and I know we're not the only ones. Right now, as I type, we have an elderly member from our church in the hospital, our daughter is on her way to Texas to live, another daughter is on bedrest until her baby is born (which could be next week)...

and our other two at home are growing up and going through changes that would make a mother's hair turn gray and a father's hair turn loose.

As the pastor's family, we not only bear our own burdens to God, but those of our church family as well. It can get heavy, and it's easy to feel alone.

So, even though this is a place for books, I thought I'd ask you all to share your prayer needs with one another, and then let us join together in lifting these needs up to God.

Let's remind one another we are never, no never, not ever alone. And that He reigns. I know I could use the support and encouragement...how about you?

No judging, please. Just honest sharing and caring.......
Happy Reading!

Photobucket

Sell Used Books - Have Your Books Shipped To Us For Free And Get Fast Cash Back!

2 comments:

Ben said...

I will be praying Deena!

SmilingSally said...

I cannot sleep and it must be that God sent me here. I will pray for you and yours, Deena.