Monday, March 23, 2009

The Baby Fat Diet by Monica Beardon, RD and Shara Aaron, MS, RD



One question...where was this book when I had MY kids?? I gained 67 pounds with my first child, and 22 years later, it has finally come off! If I'd had the advice and wisdom of Monica and Shara--oh, the pounds I'd have lost!

"The Baby Fat Diet" is for pregnant moms and moms who've given birth and who are struggling to lose that post-pregnancy weight. Filled with sound advice from two registered dietitians, this is the next best book for a new mom.

(The best is "What To Expect In The First Year"--but buy her BOTH!)

These ladies include so much, I don't know where to begin. A place for journaling, some interesting "Fabulous Facts" as well as testimonials from moms in the same place you are...real life information along with helpful hints and guidance as you navigate the waters of motherhood.

Monica and Shara give helpful counsel about breastfeeding and proper nutrition for moms and babies, as well as how to adjust your portions from eating for two back to eating for one. Exercise is a part of their plan, but they make it sound like fun!

Both are moms who take into account the stress and lack of sleep that can accompany new mommyhood. Everything you read about in this book is easy and practical...in other words, it's real life living with expert wisdom!

I loved the information Monica and Shara offered. Even though I'm out of my child-bearing years, this is still a helpful book for me. The nutrition information is for any woman seeking a healthy way to eat and create a healthful lifestyle.

I'm giving "The Baby Fat Diet" five out of five bookmarks, with a stroller as a charm...time to take baby for a walk, Mom!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

No comments: