Monday, February 2, 2009

The House on Grosvenor Square by Linore Rose Burkard



I'm rapidly becoming a fan of Regency romantic fiction, especially when it's written by Linore Rose Burkard! With a rich and authentic voice, eye for detail and a wit that fits my personality style, the sequel to her successful novel, "Before the Season Ends" is just as wonderful.

**WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!**


Ariana has finally met the man of her dreams, and nothing could be sweeter than her soon to begin life with Mr. Mornay.

Right??

Well, that all depends on how you view the events in "The House on Grosvenor Square", Linore's soon-to-be released second Regency London novel. The household staff takes an immediate distrust to Ariana through a comedy of errors that leaves few laughing.

Added into the mix is a wild plot to kidnap Philip's bride-to-be...a plot of revenge against Philip for his interference in a budding romance. Can the Paragon of London thwart the plan before tragedy befalls him?

And what of Mr. O'Brien and his unrequited affection for Ariana Forsythe? Will he ever find his one true love...or is Ariana meant for him?

**END OF SPOILER ALERT!!**


Although you need a reference guide to make it through one of Linore's novels, nothing can detract from the skillful use of language and her knowledge of detail as she captivates you page after page. While it's true Linore writes in the style of Jane Austen...

...I enjoy Linore's writing so much more! The faith element is never contrived and adds an extra layer of richness to the storyline. Picture perfect is the scene with Ariana in her captive's carriage and the aftermath of that ordeal--just read it and you'll see what I mean.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until April 2009 to find out...but it gives you a great read to look forward to! "The House on Grosvenor Square" releases from Harvest House soon...be sure to put it on your wish list!

In the meantime, Linore rates another five out of five bookmarks, with a set of pantaloons as a charm...silk, no less!

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kim said...

Ooooooh! I can't wait for this one!!

Yippee!!!

Linore Rose Burkard said...

Thank you, Deena, for that beautiful review. My book and I are honored to be on your blog. And a "charming" set of silk pantaloons! What a "novel" gift!

For readers, I just want to clarify that the title was originally The House ON Grosvenor Square, but the final title will say IN Grosvenor Square. And guess what? (Late breaking news here.) There will be one more book in this series, making it a trilogy!I'm working on that one right now.)

Evie said...

I made the right choice when I bought "Before the Season Ends." I could not put it down! So, when I found out about "The House in Grosvenor Square," I was so excited. I read it day, and night! I could not put it down, either. The only sad thing about reading it so fast, was that I don't have anything of yours to read. I'm just going to have to read them both again. I found that it is the standard I use for any Christian romance. I'm so happy about a 3rd book. I'll be sure to be first in line to buy it!

Linore Rose Burkard, Novelist said...

Hi Evie!
Thanks so much for your kind words! I love that you enjoyed the books to such an extent! If you leave a review for one or both on Amazon, let me know and I'll send you one of my short stories!
And make sure you get on my mailing list so I can keep in touch with you!
Email me at Linore(at)LinoreroseBurkard.com
and sign up at my website if you haven't already.
I may quote you in my next newsletter, okay?

Hugs,

Linore