Saturday, December 20, 2008

Watcher in the Woods by Robert Liparulo

Photobucket


Robert Liparulo isn't content to shock, awe, and rattle adults--he's after our kids now! When I read book one in the "Dreamhouse Kings" series, I told my son to be wary of reading these books...

...I love being right!

"Watcher in the Woods" takes up where "House of Dark Shadows" left off without missing a beat--something that takes true literary talent. Poor David is still where we left him, and the adrenaline rush is only beginning.

Secrets are being kept--and not just by the Kings' house! First Dad hides the nature of the house from his children, then the boys begin hiding things from their father...

...hiding things always has consequences, and the Kings paid dearly in the first book. Can they undo the damage in book two? Now, if you've read anything by Robert Liparulo--you KNOW that's not going to happen!

But a reader can dream, can't she?

This time, my son read his copy before I did--and he was warning ME how creepy "Watcher in the Woods" is! Robert Liparulo has written a book full of imagination, things that go bump in the night, and that wrestles with the biggest question of faith: "Why does God allow certain things to happen?"

Robert introduces the darkest character in the novel--and I can't wait to find out what this person is truly up to. I know it's no good--but just how bad are his true motives? What lengths will he go to in order to get what he wants?

Will he let anyone stand in his way? And what will that mean for Xander, David, Toria and the rest of the family? How far will the Kings have to go to recover what's most dear to them?

I was thrilled to see the third novel in my mailbox last week--we're left with a HUGE cliff hanger in this second volume. Naturally, my son and I are debating who gets to read it first.

I usually win.

But be watching for a review coming soon to a blog near you either way! For now, I'm giving "Watcher in the Woods" five out of five bookmarks with a court order as a charm. (Read the fine print: it states that Robert Liparulo may not write a book that I do not get to read!)

Happy Reading!

Photobucket

No comments: