Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Author Of The Month: Sharon's Favorite Scripture and Why It Speaks to Her!

Favorite verse:

2 Corinthians 4:7

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.


Sharon's thoughts:

I used to try to serve God from my own strength, my own wisdom (ha!), my own drive and determination. What a revelation to learn that His grace is made perfect in our weakness. That His grace pours out through the broken places in our lives. Now I serve to be authentic and available, to let Him work through me in all my cracked, chipped, clay simplicity. I have nothing of value to offer but His life pouring out through me – and that is the best thing I can ever offer anyone.


I just think that's so beautiful, and so true. A person's favorite passage can speak volumes about who they are and what their purpose is, or about which season they find themselves passing through in life.

Sharon's heart shines through in her words, and it reflects God's heart beautifully. How could you NOT love an author so sweet and so transparent? Have you purchased your copy of "Stepping Into Sunlight" yet? Friends, what are you waiting for??

Happy Reading!

Deena