Thursday, July 31, 2008

This has absolutely nothing to do with books...

...and yet it has everything to do with why I do this reviewing thing.

Last night, someone posted a comment on a review I wrote, taking me to task on putting down a book because of "sin". That has nagged at me all night and up until right now.

I responded to the individual in a comment, but I want to make something perfectly clear. And because this is my blog and I can do what I want, comments on this post are closed. If you want to contact me, you'll have to do it via email.

And let me warn you...if you don't tell me up front in the subject line if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, your email won't get read.

I review books. It's a passion of mine and God has RICHLY blessed me in my efforts. This blog you see? It's all because of Him. No lie. I'm amazed at how He has used me and provided for me and the friendships He has given me...in just a year and a few months.

How cool is that, huh?

But before I review books, before I'm a wife, a mom, a teacher...before I am anything, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I'm a daughter of God, adopted through the sacrifice of His Son on the cross of Calvary, and redeemed through that and that alone.

Now, let me tell you something else about me. Pick on my kids, and I see red. Knock my husband, and my claws come out.

That's normal, everyday mom/wife stuff.

Profane the name of my Lord and Savior, call on God and add a four letter word to the end...and I will call you on it...but with tears in my eyes and with love in my heart. I'll feel kind of like Jesus did when He said, "Father, forgive them, because they really don't know what they're doing."

I'm one of those nuts that truly believes that Jesus was God's Son, and was God (John 1:1). In fact, that was the actual charge against Him that got Him killed on the cross (Matthew 24:63-66).

I'm one of those nuts that believes the Bible is God's Word and the final authority (II Timothy 3:16). But I'm also one of those nuts that realizes I sin, too. I'm not judge and jury...I'm just redeemed.

That doesn't make me better than you. Because you can be redeemed as well (John 3:16). If anything, I've merely chosen a different path. The only path, really (John 14:6).

So, if you're okay with all of that, now knowing why I read 98% only Christian based fiction and non-fiction, knowing where I get my standards from...knowing who I am and who I serve willingly...

...then I hope you'll stick around.

But, if you despise people like me, I want to save you the trouble. This isn't the blog for you. You won't change my mind. You won't shake my faith. You won't alter my stand for Christ. Yes, you might make me angry, but then I'll just pray for you to have your eyes and heart opened to the truth of the Gospel.

And that will make you mad at me.

C'est, la vie!

That's who I am. And I'm proud of who I am, not because of me, but because of Him (Galatians 2:20-21; Galatians 6:14).

Happy Reading (I've got some GREAT stuff ahead, and a HUGE, GINORMOUS giveaway coming September 1st!)

Deena, Child of the King (which you can be, too)

Photobucket