Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Suspicion of Strawberries by Lynette Sowell

Photobucket


This little book is just one more reason why I'm glad I joined Heartsong Presents Mysteries! But be warned...it may just keep you from diving in to summer's favorite fruit!

Andromeda Clark is a small business owner with a dream of success. Her shop, Tennessee River Soaps, is doing well, and she's hosting a bridal party facial. Too bad no one likes the bride to be!

But who dislikes her enough to kill her? Someone slipped strawberries into the Cherries Jubilee facial soap, and now Charla Rae Thacker is dead from anaphylactic shock. Turns out she's deathly allergic to strawberries, and lots of people knew it.

Was it her cheating fiance? Or could have been her former boyfriend, since he not only has access to the fruit, but grows it himself? Maybe it was one of the wedding party, jealous of Charla's happiness?

Either way, committment phobic Andi has to prove it had nothing to do with her or her soap shop. Long time boyfriend Ben and his brother, Officer Jerry (ha!) will do all they can to help, but it's up to Andi and her sleuthing wiles to solve this 'berry' wrong case.

Lynette's writing is fun and her characters are lively. I'm looking forward to the next two novels in this 'fruitful' series! I'm giving "A Suspicion of Strawberries" four out of five bookmarks with a tiny spatula as a charm.

Happy Reading!

Deena

5 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Ooh, this book sounds good! I'll have to see if I can find it in my public library! :)

So Deena, I wanted to stop by and let you know that I’ve got some free books up for grabs in my April Pay It Forward Book Exchange. Stop by for details on how to enter to win!

CeeCee said...

Whaaaatt??!! There's a mystery Heartsongs? I didn't know that. I'm going to look into it. Thanks Deena!

Mary Connealy said...

Here's a link for more information about Heartsong Mysteries and four free books.
Heartsong Mysteries
\
I'm loving these books.

Amy said...

Incidentally, I only received four books in my order while the invoice lists 8. Did this happen to anyone else?

Lynette Sowell said...

Deena, thanks for sharing about this book. And thanks for the spatula! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I know I've had fun following Andi through her travels