Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Home For The Holidays--Day 18 of the Twenty Five Reviews of Christmas: My Favorite Christmas compiled by Amy Hammond Hagberg

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


As Christmas draws ever nearer, I thought it would be appropriate to share a few volumes of anthologies that I pull out each year. Each contains short stories, some personal, some classic...but they all take the grinch out of me and replace it with the spirit of this holy season...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I love anthologies. It's kind of like snack reading...don't really have time for a full book, but one story is just enough to fill me and keep me moving! And some of the best anthologies are Christmas anthologies, such as "My Favorite Christmas", a collection of treasured memories by well known believers in Christ.

In this little red and gold book you'll find memories from musical artists such as Steven Curtis Chapman, Natalie Grant and Nicole C. Mullen. One of Nicole's favorite memories is about her grandfather, and is so precious.

You'll also find reminiscing from former president Jimmy Carter, who recalls a memorable Christmas with a man named Curtis. Even Miley Cyrus' dad is in this one:-) Billy Ray Cyrus talks about his mama, of course...and it is touching and heartwarming.

Each story is short...not more than a few pages in length. Some have photographs with them; some with Scripture quotes, and other famous quotes as well. In all, this is an enjoyable "by the fire with cocoa" reading experience.

So, I'm giving "My Favorite Christmas" five out of five bookmarks, with a tiny fireplace charm. Add this one to your Christmas reading list, won't you? And get to know many "famous" people on a more intimate and special level.

Happy Reading!

Deena

No comments: