Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out By Neta Jackson

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


What a fitting end to a wonderful journey with this group of women! "The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out" is the seventh and final novel about an unlikely prayer group and, while it is a Christmas story, it is also so much more.

Jodi Baxter once again narrates the telling of this last chapter that began at the Women's Christian Conference so long ago. She herself has learned that God loves all hues of women equally, and that He can redeem even the hardest of hearts; that prayer isn't the Christian's last resort, but instead her first response, and what power there is in praying God's Word back to Him.

But Jodi isn't the only one who has changed over the course of the novels. Chanda has learned to be generous of spirit, Stu has learned how to be real in her faith with other believers, and Ruth has learned that God is the God of the unexpected blessing...among other things!

Their children and grown and are now inheriting the legacy each praying Yada Yada mom has developed through their friendship and ministry. The group has weathered violence of a personal nature and of a racial slant; a fire and a deadly auto accident; new traditions and old ones.

And now, they celebrate the close of many, many months of prayer, celebration and devotion to one another and mostly to God. This series has sparked prayer groups all over the United States and beyond I believe. What started out as one novel has become a way of life for so many women.

While I am most definitely sad that this wonderful and inspiring series is coming to an end, I'm thrilled to tell you that Neta Jackson is re-releasing every volume of the first six books in special edition formats, including recipes, celebration ideas, and tips on how to begin your own Yada Yada fellowship.

PLUS...Neta is writing a NEW series that will include some of our beloved friends from Yada Yada. For now, I give "Decked Out" six out of five bookmarks with a bonus high heeled shoe---gotta look good for the party, now, girl!

My one and only complaint (besides that this is the final book) is the length...only 215 pages of Yada ain't enough! But I'll take every drop I can get!

Happy Reading!

Deena

1 comment:

Robin said...

I just bought my copy today and I was so disappointed in the "thin" feel - I love her books so much, I never want them to end! I'm happy to read your good review!