Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sky Blue by Travis Thrasher

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well, it had to happen. As many books as I read...a girl can't love all of them, right?

And I didn't love this one.

I stuck with it through page 200, and just never connected with the characters. In fact, the pivotal scene that changes Colin's life? Didn't even feel it when it happened.

And it should have been a three or four hanky scene.

Colin is just too jaded, too cynical and too selfish. And he works in the field of publishing! Hope my author buddies don't have to deal with guys like him and his co-horts when they finish their books!!

So, while many are fans of Travis Thrasher's (it was a review that convinced me to take a chance), don't count me as one. I loved his earlier books: "The Promise Remains" and "Watermark".

Even "The Second Thief" wasn't bad. But things have been downhill since "Gun Lake"...that was a stinker in my book.

But don't take my word for it. Google some other reviews and see what you think. As for me, I give "Sky Blue" one out of five bookmarks, with no bonus charm...it just didn't charm me.






Now, I'm off to find something else to read. See you later! And don't forget all my giveaways. They all (except CFBA Giveaway) now end on October 31st!!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

No comments: