Friday, October 19, 2007

Priced To Move by Ginny Aiken






This doesn't happen to me often.

I usually finish the book before I review it.

But I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!

A friend asked me about this new series by Ginny Aiken called "The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection". I had the first one on my to be read shelf, but it was way back in the pile. Since she asked, I put it next to be read.

I am SO glad I did! It was just what the doctor ordered (For more on that, click here).

Andie Adams is a certified gemologist working in the Big Apple, and the stress is slowly killing her. When she receives word that her beloved Aunt Weeby (yes, you read that right--Aunt Weeby! Don't you just LOVE it!) has been hurt, she throws off the ties that bind her for home.

Hoping for a slower paced lifestyle, she instead finds herself roped into joining the Shop-Til-U-Drop home shopping network, run by Aunt Weeby's dearest friend, Miss Mona Latimer (think Lucy and Ethel pretending to be Thelma and Louise!).

I'm only in chapter four, but I've already laughed, chuckled, snorted and grinned enough to be able to say without a doubt:

THIS. IS. A. GEM. OF. A. BOOK!

The second book is in the works as I type, and I am SO glad about that! If you need a good chuckle mixed in with some hints of romance (what?) and a tinge of suspense (no way!), then pick up a copy of "Priced To Move" by Ginny Aiken.

With just four chapters read, I'm still giving this book a six out of five bookmark rating, with a pink cast charm to boot (LOL!!). You're gonna LOVE Aunt Weeby and Miss Mona, I guarantee it or your money back (that's a JOKE, so don't send me your receipts!)

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this one on my wish list!! Can't wait!

Brittanie said...

I just finished a great book I wanted to tell you about. It is called Saving Sailor by Renee Riva. I will be posting a review on my site soon. I think it is her debut novel. :)