Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Trophy Wives Club by Kristen Billerbeck



When I first heard about Kristen Billerbeck's newest release, I was moderately excited. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Kristen.

But, I'm over 40, don't live in Silicon Valley (and I'm not talking implants people!), have my man and three kids to prove it...so I don't really relate to her heroines all that much.

Having said all of that, I loved this book! It's is high time we had some Christian fiction that put the subject of divorce in perspective.

Now, I'm not a divorced woman, but I married a man who was divorced, and the church has wounded us both greatly over it. Praise God for His healing in this area, but I still hear it and see it. Even read condemnation on a blog in a book review for cryin' out loud!!

Haley Cutler is getting a divorce, but not by her own choice. As a result, her husband's attorney gives her a nudge toward a church support group called The Trophy Wives Club, hence the book's title:-)

At first, she's in denial. She tries to solve things her own way, which is entertaining, but well...you'll just have to read it for yourself to decide whether she succeeds or is pitiful.

Watching her relationship with God unfold was the most exciting part of the story for me. Talk about P.O.W.E.R.!! We as women need the message of this book whether divorced or married, single or in a relationship. Did you hear me?? WE NEED THIS MESSAGE!!

I give "The Trophy Wives Club" five out of five bookmarks with a bonus attorney's briefcase as a charm...would have given her six, but the ending didn't satisfy me...Kristen, if you're reading this...I. NEED. A SEQUEL.

Happy Reading!

Deena

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review. I've heard a lot of good stuff about KB's books, but have never read one. I agree with you about those who have been touched by divorce and their relationship with the church and other believers. It can be hard.

Veggiemomof2 said...

I have added this on my To Be Read list. Thanks! :)