Friday, June 8, 2007

I Just Found A New Toy!!!!!

I was hanging out at Debi's blog and browsing around. In her Thursday Thirteen post she mentioned a website called Library Thing.

Being a curious soul, I had to check it out.

IT IS WAAAAYYYY Cool!!!!

You can catalog your books, connect with other book lovers, post reviews, and all sorts of stuff. I'm in the process of cataloging my TBR bookpile...which will take FOREVER the old way...

But at Library Thing, you just type in the author or the title, and it does the rest! How cool is that!!

Now, if I could only find a website that cleaned my house:-)

Go check out Library Thing and let me know what you think!!

Happy Reading!

Deena

5 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE librarything. It has really helped me to keep track of and organize my books. Blogging helps a lot too!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I've seen Librarything mentioned on several fellow book-lovers blogs. I've checked it out and while it appeals to me, a lot, I haven't broken down and signed up yet. For one reason, you're limited to a certain number of books for free, after that amount, you have to pay for a subscription. The biggest thing though is the time to go through my many bookshelves and enter them :) I finally got that done a couple of years ago with our DVD collection, but you know, I haven't kept it updated. Bad me, bad bad bad :(

Let us know if you do it, I do love perusing people's bookshelves, LOL!

Denise said...

That site is really cool, thanks for sharing.

Deborah said...

yeap i'm on library thing. like stacy said you can only have 200 books listed for free unless you want to pay to have unlimited. thus i have 4 accounts of 200 books each...

MizB said...

I adore LibraryThing! I've been on there for a while now! And, I have a lifetime membership, so I have added my whole collection, not just the 200 books you can put in "for free", which is nice. ;o)

See my collection here, if you dare. ;-P

<>< Mizbooks