Amanda at "A Patchwork of Books" has nominated me for "The Thinking Blogger Award". I'm speechless.
When I started The Bookshelf, I wanted to share how the books I read impact my life, and to give my favorite authors some publicity about their fantastic writing. I love to talk about books. One of my favorite jobs was working at a Christian bookstore and talking books with those searching for something to read, or a fellow fan of certain titles.
And I've seen this award on other blogs...and I must admit...I was a tad envious...but also very admiring of those receiving it. There are some
GREAT bloggers out there!
And now, I get the privilege of honoring five of my favorite "you make me think, and that hurts" bloggers. There are so many that I read and enjoy...but some make me sit back in my chair and ponder for awhile...or drive me to my knees...or lift my hands in praise...
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote
In no particular order, here are the blogs (and bloggers) that Make Me Think, and why I chose them:
1. Jenny, at Life Is Not A Cereal--She has inspired me with her candid discussion of life issues for women and for moms...she has blessed me with her Wordless Wednesday posts...and she has convicted me, with something as simple as her post on Webkins...love you, Jenny!!
2. Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile--Sharon has an infectious way of praising God that pulls me out of whatever dark place I might have crawled to and causes me to lift my hands to the heavens...but she's also not afraid to admit her struggles...and then there's her wacky alter ego, Mrs. Nufon...nuff said! Love you, Sharon!!
3. My buddy, Taunalen and her self-titled blog--she just has a way with words that paints the most gorgeous pictures...and reveals herself in such creative ways...everything she writes shows great passion...haven't seen her much lately...come out, come out, wherever you are...love you, Taunalen!!
4. My husband, Dave--I know this is unusual, but Pastor Dave Lets His Hair Down is full of honesty...full of Scriptural teaching that is accessible to anyone...and he's funny sometimes...but he doesn't blog enough...so go by and encourage him for me, ok? Love you, Pastorhunny!!
5. Nise' is a fairly new blogger at Thus Far The Lord Has Helped Me---she has a heart that is soft and pliable for God to use...she is open and honest about herself in her posts...and she is my playmate (how great is that?!?)...love you, Nise'!!
Whew...that was hard...I admire so many of you...but I tried my best to honor those who have not yet been honored...and to speak from MY heart about how you impact my life. Love you ALL!!!
Happy Reading! (Now, go check out those blogs!!)