Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's Time To Read!

I'M FINISHED!!!


**This is a sticky post...scroll down for more current reviews!!**

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



**Revised for the FINAL time---I Promise!!**

I'm so excited! I absolutely love reading, and I love sharing about books, so this is right up my alley!! Without further ado, here's my Spring Reading Thing book list:

Germ by Robert Liparulo--I've been wanting to read this one for awhile, but I have to be in the right mood for him.

Mountain Top by Robert Whitlow--A favorite legal suspense author.

Head Game by Tim Downs--fans of CSI love his writing.

Presumed Guilty by James Scott Bell
Sins of the Fathers by James Scott Bell
No Legal Grounds by James Scott Bell--can you tell I've discovered a new author?!?

Hell In A Briefcase by Brad Whittington--my friend Michelle gave this one a rave review.

Perfecting Kate by Tamara Leigh--I loved "Adda", so I'm trying Kate.

The Art of Standing Still by Penny Culliford--she's a new author I've heard great things about.

Fire Dancer
Midnight Sea by Colleen Coble--put Colleen's name on it, and I'm there!

A Mile From Sunday by Jo Kadlecek--again, a new author.

In Search of Eden by Linda Nichols--she is sometimes hard to get into, but I loved "The Scent of Water"

The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers by Lilian Jackson Braun--I adore cozy mysteries, and she is the best!

The Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke--did I mention I loved cozy mysteries...Joanne takes the cake!!

Dragonwell Dead by Laura Childs--love her tea shop mysteries!!

Freefall by Kristen Heitzmann--I loved her novel, "Halos".

The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney by Randy Singer--he's my all-time favorite legal thriller writer.

Wishing on Dandelions by Mary DeMuth--enjoyed "Watching the Tree Limbs, but she deals with intense subject matter, so I have to be really up to handle her.

Fair Game by Elizabeth White--just read and reviewed "Fireworks".

Soul Hunter by Melanie Wells--I enjoyed her first novel in this series, and she was nominated for the Mary Higgins Clark award for mystery fiction.

The Widow's Club by Joyce Livingston--new series by a new author.

Sticks and Stones by Susan Meisnner--book two in a new mystery series.

Crime Scene Jerusalem by Alton Gansky--my hubby bought me this one, 'cause he knows I love Alton's stuff.

Reluctant Burglar
Reluctant Runaway by Jill Elizabeth Nelson

The Heir by Paul Robertson

Non-Fiction Titles:

Me, Myself and Bob by Phil Vischer--bought this for my husband for Christmas so I could read it!

Hidden in Plain Sight by Mark Buchanan--loved "Your God is Too Safe" and others of his...

You Matter More Than You Think by Leslie Parrott---had this one for awhile...and I really need to finish it...

Dry Bones Dancing by Tony Evans--Tony's books always challenge me, and I've been feeling a bit dry lately...

The Gospel According to Starbucks by Leonard Sweet---I mean, come on..."Starbucks"??

There's more...oh, there's so much more!! But I already feel like a hog...so I'll stop with this list.

One addition I cannot forget (but added later on, much to my chagrin), is the Most Important Book of all--God's Holy Word. We are doing a study of Hosea that has captured my heart, and I am attempting once again to read through this lively book this year.

Every once in awhile I'll repost my list with the novels and books marked off that I've finished...and don't worry...I'm planning on reviewing everything on my list.

So, I'm off to add myself to Mr. Linky at Callapidder Day's...follow me on over by clicking the picture at the top of this post.

Happy Reading!

Deena

40 comments:

Much Ado said...

Wow, what a list - you are definitely a reader!!! I love this part of the challenge, seeing everyone else's picks!! Enjoy your reading.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great - and long - list! I love it! Germ looks good, and I've been thinking about it too. I recently read Head Game -- love Tim Downs (especially the bug man books)! And as you already know, we'll be both be reading Key Lime Pie Murder and Me, Myself, and Bob this spring. :) Lots of crossover between us! Thanks for being part of the challenge!

TaunaLen said...

The Art of Standing Still is on my list, too, and Me, Myself and Bob is on my Amazon.com wishlist. Enjoy reading!

~TaunaLen

Anonymous said...

RE: Linda Nichols, "The Search for Eden" was my first novel from her, and it didn't seem hard to get into - but I just read "Not a Sparrow Falls", and that did feel a bit hard to get going. I have Scent of Water on my list per your recommendation. Thanks for doing your list, too!

ellen b. said...

Whoa! I'm a lightweight compared to you! You go, girl!
Ellen B.

jenclair said...

Oh, more interesting titles to consider!

Stephanie said...

WOW. Now THAT's a LIST! I like cozies too. My favorites are the Robin Paige (Susan Wittig Albert's pen name) Victorian Mystery series. Kate and Charles Sheridan. I like Joanne Fluke too.

The good thing with these challenges is that I'm meeting new people! I see the problem with these challenges is that now I'm checking out all the lists....and adding WAY too many to my TBR!! If you haven't read any Jodi Picoult, I HIGHLY recommend her. Thanks for stopping by!

Katie said...

That's some list! I'd love to read Me Myself and Bob, areound here we love Veggie Tales!

Jennifer said...

Looks great. You have a lot of work ahead of you but one book at a time. Happy Reading.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Wow, you are a reader aren't you! That is some list. I will have to pilfer from you. Since having kids I haven't had time to read much and I stick mostly to my old favorites and a few safe titles. I haven't heard of most of these, but really want to check them out. Happy Spring and Happy Reading.

Nise' said...

Goody, goody, lots of new authors to read! A friend just recommended Kristen Heitzmann. I will be looking forward to more of your book reveiws!

Amy M. said...

You have a nice long list! I am a big Braun fan. And that Vischer book sounds wonderful! I love Veggie Tales. (and I don't even have kids yet!)

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Wow, Deena, what a list! I am excited to have found your blog and look forward to checking out some new authors. Sometimes I get in a rut and need reading input.

Me, Myself & Bob is a great book. I actually had read Phil Vischer's blog about the rise & fall of Veggie Tales. Then I had patiently wait for the book to arrive. His new project, Jellyfish dot com is pretty cool too. Phil's just one creative guy.

Amelia Antwiler said...

Thanks for coming by my laundry pile and looking at my list. I love yours! I haven't read a good cozy mystery in a very long time and I love them so much. Of course, I've been very busy with other endeavors. *L* I think I'll drool over your books and take many notes and make more lists and read to see what I can do to stop whining. Oh - wait. That was for me to learn how to get the kids from whining. *L*

Bleach Free Blessings!

Rae said...

Wow your list looks amazing, and long like mine! ;) I'll be looking forward to your reviews on a bunch of these books. I'll probably have to add some to my Fall reading list! Good luck & have fun reading! =)

Susanne said...

I've looked at those books by James Scott Bell also. I'll have to add them. You've got quite the list! Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I love Christian fiction as well and it is so hard to find many people reviewing it. I also am a big fan of Colleen Coble and Kathy Herman, so I will look forward to reading your reviews and perusing your blog more!

Anonymous said...

What a list! Looks like you are going to be busy reading! Have fun!

Kate said...

Whoohoo girl! You can GO, good for you with your big long list. I bet you have a library that is out of this world...I haven't heard of any of your books except the Key Lime Murder one...look forward to reading what you think about each! Have fun!!

gail@more than a song said...

Wow, what a list! Lots of new ones for me to check out sometime. Thanks for letting me know about your review of the Livinston book...I just happened to pick up a paperback by her that I have on my list and knew nothing about her.
I'll have to check out more of your reviews later!

alisonwonderland said...

i'm not familiar with most of the books or authors on your list, although i do enjoy Joanne Fluke. i'll definitely be back to read your reviews - and also peruse the rest of your blog!

happy reading!

Irene said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading!

Amy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have quite a list there!

I have "Germ" "The Art of Standing Still" and "Head Games" on my TBR list but with all of the challenges I have committed to I am not sure I will get to them any time soon! I look forward to reading your reviews.

Unknown said...

Do you really read that much?? That's great. I'm "proud" of myself that I'm up to a couple of books (in different genres) a month, maybe more. . . .

Wishing on Dandelions was somewhat easier to read than the first one. Not as sad.

twiga92 said...

How cool is that - I've got Nichols' At the Scent of Water on my Spring list! I really liked Tim Downs' Shoo Fly Pie and Chop Shop books. Plague Maker wasn't as good as those 2 but still good. And that book Germ is on my wishlist! Oh and I like Randy Singer too. I have a couple by him yet to read.

Kim said...

Hey Deena! Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a super list of books to read. Many of the authors are new to me; I'll have to hop over to Barnes and Noble and check them out (except I can't buy any books until the challenge is over). If you liked Anne George's books, you would really enjoy the Miss Julia series. I also have enjoyed the cozy mysteries by Carol Anne O'Marie. She's a nun and the central character is this little elderly nun. The ones I've read so far are set around San Francisco.

Happy Reading!

Joyful Days said...

What an ambitious list!! They all look good too.

Read on!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I', thinkin you like mysteries. If you are studying Hosea Francine Rivers--love her--has a book based on Hosea. Redeeming Love I have not met anyone who has read it and not raved about it. And how do you do so much reading. I have to tell myself no or I neglect my bible studies house work life. I do love to read. Every once in a while I allow myself something that is not study stuff. It can be quite addictive. Kinda of like this blogging thing. i might have to set some limits for myself real soon.

heidi @ ggip said...

Wow! What a list! Good luck! You sure know how to set a challenge for yourself!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Neat list. I've got a few cozies on mine, too. Can't wait to curl up with them.

Alexis said...

Wow, I'll be back to ad some to my master list. What a great list...so many I have not heard of. Happy Reading!

Anonymous said...

This is some list to accomplish in 3 months. Then there is the fact that the challenge started last week and you have so many books crossed off already. I am so impressed! Keep on reading, woman!

Cheri said...

Thanks bunches for stopping by and looking at my reading list. Of course, my brother dropped off a bunch of books at my house tonight, so I may have to add nonfiction. I was so trying to read those books that have been on my bookshelves for way too long!

Brittanie said...

Thank you for recommending bookprice.com. I love to read but am a budget. I am a college student working on my masters degree. :) Brittanie

M. C. Pearson said...

Very cool list.

I just got DSL and am visiting all my FIRST members. So glad you're on board!

Unknown said...

Oooh--you've done really well!!

Robin said...

I think I have finally found someone who reads more than me! What a great list! I look forward to coming back and reading your reviews! You go girl!
And talking books over coffee sounds like a day in heaven to me!

Deborah said...

yay i finished my list too! i read WAYYYY more than what i had put down too lol

Susanne said...

Wow, I can't believe you got through so many books. Are you a speed reader? Wow.

alisonwonderland said...

well done, deena! i only got a bit more than half way through my list - but i still read some great book and had a lot of fun!