Sunday, April 29, 2007

Germ by Robert Liparulo

Robert Liparulo's writing is not for the faint of heart. But it is proof that gritty, suspenseful fiction can be wild without sex, language, and what I call the "ick" factor.

But violence? Oh, yeah, baby!!

"Germ" is the story of a mad scientist who has an agenda...and it will affect us all. If you breathe, it will get you.

Julia and Goody are madly racing to find out what Despesorio knows, and why he feels the need to let us know. Ebola. Frightening. Where did it come from? What is its purpose?

Liparulo begins "Germ" with a list of facts. To me, that's what makes his fiction so eerie and frightening...the facts that are the framework for his fiction. He paints a picture of germ warfare that will curl your toes and wonder just what we DON'T know that our government doesn't tell us.

Allen and Stephen Parker join forces with Julia to find Litt and to get to the bottom of the entire matter. They take their lives in their hands and you find your heart in your throat as you run this race with them.

This is violent and bloody writing. As I warned in the beginning...this is not for the faint of heart. He gets gritty, and he gets gory. But he. is. good.

I loved "Comes A Horseman". I loved "Germ". I can't wait for more.

"Germ" gets a full 5 bookmarks from me...and I'm guarding my families DNA jealously now...and so will you...

Happy Reading!

Deena

1 comment:

Rel said...

Great review and great book :)